Monday, November 21, 2011

Mushroom Chicken in tomato and oyster sauce

Yesterday I got a call from my husband in office asking me what was there for dinner. When he heard what was on the menu, I heard a deep sigh. I looked at the clock and saw that there was time to quickly make a chicken dish. Since there was just one breast piece remaining in the fridge I decided to use some fresh button mushrooms.
Diced mushrooms
Diced mushrooms closer view















Next I thawed the chicken in a microwave. No time to marinate as I was racing against time. In between I was constantly wiping my hands dry to take photographs. The thawed chick breast piece was then transferred into a pressure cooker to which I added a cup of water and a tablespoon of salt. I set it to boil and took it down after 3 whistles. I put the deep wok on the flame and added 6 tablespoon of oil. While I let it cool it the lid of the cooker opens, I ferociously chopped in two onions and threw it into the wok. In joined the diced mushrooms. I took one tomato and 4 garlic pods and made a puree in a grinder and added the puree into the wok. Kept stirring till the oil stated leaving the sides. Took out the paste in a bowl. Added 4 tablespoon of oil in the wok and let it heat. By now the pressure has been released from the cooker.Shredded the chicken in with my hands and tossed it into the wok and stirred fried it for some time.
Added in the tomato, garlic and chopped onion paste with the mushrooms and mixed it properly. Now I put in some oyster sauce (roughly two table spoon) and tomato sauce same amount. Mixed properly with the chicken pieces and added salt to taste. Put in half a tea spoon of vinegar and the result was awesome mushroom chicken in oyster and tomato sauce.
Mushroom chicken ready

























The same as above from a different angle

No comments: