Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brunch with Bhature

It is raining torrentially in Pune. There is something about rains that makes us all crave for deep fried stuff. I am sure many of you will be forsaking your diet plans and helping yourself generously to hot fritters, pakoras and samosas. So why not welcome some more indiscipline in our lives with chole bhature for breakfast? When you sin, you should sin properly ie. plan the night before. I have tried some instant recipes of bhatures from the internet but found none to my liking. Finally, I followed the greatest chef- my ma’s recipe and the bhatures  were just perfect. My joys knew no bounds when each and every one of them bloated till they seemed they would burst. I too almost burst, with pride of course.

No of bhatures- 12

Ingredients:

4 cups maida or all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon soda mixed in ¼ cup luke warm water
Yogurt enough to knead the dough (a cup full should do)
½  tea spoon sugar
½ tea spoon salt
1 tea spoon semolina
4 tea spoon white oil

Method:

Mix adequate amount of yougurt to all the ingredients to form a uniform dough. Cover with a moist cloth and keep it aside for 6-8 hours. Make small balls of the dough and roll into desired sized Bhature. I prefer to make them small. Deep fry the Bhature in oil and serve with chole the recipe for which will follow in the next blog. 

What have you cooked to go with the season?
















No comments: